Lightbox 2 Print (WordPress Plugin)

I’ve modified the Lightbox 2 plugin for wordpress to now have a “Print” option. This was needed for one of my clients to be able to print coupons once they clicked on the image to see the full version in lightbox. I’ve also added an option in the admin settings for lightbox 2 to turn “on” or “off” the print option.

To install the plugin, just go into your wordpress admin and click on “Plugins”. Then click “Add New” and choose the upload option. Upload the zip file and wordpress will install it for you. You can turn on the “Print” option under the “Settings” and then choose lightbox 2 in the admin. Enjoy!

If you like the plugin modification, then please leave me your comments. Thanks!

Lightbox 2 Print Screen Shot

To get the plugin click here

40 thoughts on “Lightbox 2 Print (WordPress Plugin)

1. Katrien

Hi,

Just downloaded this plugin. And it does exactly what it says. Adds a print button to each image in a lovely light box.
    Brilliant in all its simplicity.
    Well done

2. Nipun

Hi Tyler,
    Great Plugin. I wanted print functionality but not on all the pages. Is there any option so that I can hide print button on some pages and keep it on some pages?

Many thanks in advance

1. Tyler Post author

No, there isn’t currently that option, but I will look into something like that.

3. stefan

Great Plugin! Just what we need.

I’m trying to install the plugin, but I get the message “Missing Temporary Folder.” Is that me or you? 🙂

1. Tyler Post author

That is not my plugin causing that error message.

4. ncdesignz

Is this compatible with WP 3.6.1? All its doing for me is opening the link in a new window..no popup, so no print. Online Coupon link here: http://www.plumtomatoespizzarest.com/

1. ncdesignz

Found it…I had to manually add the rel=”lightbox” to the link.

5. Michael

This is just what I was looking for however, your download link is broken 🙁

1. Tyler Post author

Sorry about that, the link is now fixed. I was moving my sites over to a newer server and there were a lot of complications.

6. Hearseman

Awesome. Works perfect. Thanks!

7. Berrada

Thanks a lot for the Print option.

8. John Clifford Entorum

Great Plugin!
    I have something to ask.

Is their any way to add a download link button on your plugin?
    I tried to add a script to display a download link and add another checkbox in options.php that will allow to show or not to show the button on the lightbox but unfortunately, it doesn’t work.

Thanks in advance.

9. Caio

Hi there,
    first of all, great plugin! Really useful.

I’m not a programmer, but I can understand the code.

I’m trying to change the position of the image information from the bottom to the top of the container. I found the ‘stimuli_imageDataContainer’ div (I think that’s what I need to move), but don’t know exactly which code block in which file I need to reposition.

Did anyone ever had this need? Or Tyler, can you tell the way?

Thanks in advance.

10. Anthony

Tyler,

whats the code to have your plugin call out the image like class=”lightbox” or re=”lightbox”. I have the plugin activated and everything is checked off that is supposed to be but i click on the image and nothing.

Appreciate the help.

1. Tyler Post author

If it’s not working, then it’s probably a conflict with another plugin that you are using. There are a number of plugins that don’t work well with others. The JavaScript can conflict with each other.

11. Johny

Hi,
    is it possible to add an hyperlink next to the print button to link to a site? The site would be different for each image

thanks, Johny

1. Tyler Post author

It’s possible, but I’m honestly not interested in taking the time to modify the plugin any further for that function. The only reason I modified this original plugin, was because I needed the print option. I have no need for the feature you are inquiring on and it would not benefit me to do so. Sorry about that…..

12. Marieke

Awesome, exactly what I needed, thanks!

13. Craig

Any simple suggestions for porting this to Drupal 7 lightbox2 module?

1. Tyler Post author

WordPress plugins are only coded for WordPress, they will not work with Drupal. Same goes the other way around as well. Drupal plugins won’t work with WordPress.

14. Heather Wood

I’m gonna have to try this out! Thanks Man!

15. Terri Rylander

I need a plugin that does exactly this as I have a client who would like to build a coupon site. Coupons will be images that the user can print.

I’ve looked at several themes (paid) that my client might find acceptable but most all don’t specify Lightbox 2. Many mention prettyPhoto. Will this plugin work with different lightboxes or only Lightbox 2? If only LB2, how difficult would it be to change a themes lightbox from prettyPhoto to LB2? (I’m quite handy w/code).

Terri

1. Tyler Post author

That is a hard question to answer as themes can vary in many different ways. I don’t use other people’s themes. I custom design my own. So I know where conflicts may occur with plugins that I use.

It’s hard to give you an answer on that. I would guess that you would probably have a conflict with the LB2 plugin and another similar plugin. But you won’t know unless you try and run them together.

16. Gabriel

Hey Tyler,

Is there anyway to have the lightbox2print use a preset max width image? or disable it from being used from another plugin? My problem is it is not rescaling images to fit within a screen. Or do you know of anyother way this can be corrected?

Thanks,

Gabriel

1. Tyler Post author

The problem is that you are uploading a full resolution image and it is linking to that full res image. I recommend always sizing down your images to a decent size for the largest version. I never upload an image to any of my sites that is full res straight from my camera. First off, it’s way to big to view and second, the file size is larger. Just size your image down to a reasonable size before you upload it to WordPress.

17. Gabriel

SWEET! I am starting a new website and will definitely be contacting you to do some work. I would have you do it now but money is tight so I have to do as much on my own for now. I will be in touch with you soon!

Thank again for this incredible plugin and you great assistance!

Gabriel

18. Gabriel

One more question…

Where can I change the text at the top of the print window where it reads “Print Coupon”…?

Thanks again!!!

1. Tyler Post author

Oh, that’s my bad. I just saved what I modified for one of my clients and forgot to change that. You go into the plugin folder and edit the lightbox-print.js file. Look down where it says “PRINT OPTION” an you will see Print Coupon and change that to whatever you want. I’ve made the change in my zip file now for the plugin so that it has the generic name “Print Window”. But since you already have the plugin installed, you can just edit that js file. You can open it in notepad or a similar program.

19. Gabriel

That’s perfect!

Dude… this plugin rocks!

20. Gabriel

AWESOME Plugin…

Just one question… Is there any way possible to only have “1” image printable even though there are 3 images on a post?

Thanks!

1. Tyler Post author

The only way would be to not link the other images to the full sized image. Only link the one image you want to have printed to the full sized image. Images that are not linked to the full sized image, will not use the “lightbox” plugin. That is the only option.

21. Josh

Awesome Plugin! Thanks!

22. Hassan Bazzi

Is there any way you can help me with this? I can’t seem to get Lightbox 2 to work at all with WP.

23. Hassan Bazzi

Hello,

I’m trying to implement this. I guess it doesn’t work with the latest WordPress?

1. Tyler Post author

Yes, this does work with WordPress version 3.0 and above. The problem is most likely a conflict with the JavaScript of another plugin you are using. I had a problem with it working wile trying to use another plugin called wp-cycle. I had to make some adjustments to the wp-cycle plugin and the main jquery file for WordPress to get both of them to work properly.

1. Amer

Hello Tyler, i need your help with this issue, i install your plugin but “tabs” on website being not working, did you made any solution for this issue? WordPress 4.5.2

1. Tyler Post author

I’ll take a look at it. I haven’t touched this plugin in years, so it hasn’t been supported in some time.

24. heini

Hello, this Plugin is really great and very useful – and I like it. Thanks a lot. But there is one Problem: Did you test it with InternetExplorer, too?
    I’m using IE8 and there, the Lightbox doesn’t work (it opens the picture in a new window, and no Lightbox appears. Also IE tells me, that there are mistakes on the page.
    Perhaps you didn’t check this yet and could solve this Bug?

That would be great. Thanks…

1. Tyler Post author

Yes, I’ve tested it with IE versions and it works just fine! Unfortunately you are probably having a conflict with another plugin that you are using. The two javascript files are conflicting with each other. I’ve seen this first hand with the lightbox2 plugin and the WP-Cycle plugin. They conflict with each other.